View archived futures lines using the menus above.
Please e-mail us if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions.
Most recent addition to the site: Point spreads for (almost) every NFL game since 1952
Practice sports betting without risking a cent at the BetPrep Virtual Sportsbook
Please let others know about our site - if you use data from SportsOddsHistory.com for an article, tweet or research
for a podcast/broadcast, please reference this site or @SOHistory as the source of material. Thanks!
On this day, June 6, in Sports Odds History...
<<-- June 5 June 6 June 7 -->>
1999 (Tennis): Andre Agassi comes back from two sets to love down and wins his first and only French Open singles title over Andrei Medvedev 1-6, 2-6, 6-4, 6-3, 6-4. Agassi was -200 for the match and entered the tournament as a 40-1 longshot to win the title. He became the 5th man to win the career Grand Slam but the first male to win all four Grand Slam titles on three different surfaces (clay, grass and hard courts).
2001 (NBA): As an 11½-point road underdog, the Philadephia 76ers defeat the Los Angeles Lakers 107-101 in overtime of Game 1 of the NBA Finals. Allen Iverson scored 48 points and was highlighted by a fadeaway jumper over Tyronn Lue. After the shot went through, Iverson stepped over Lue on his way back up the court. The Lakers went on to win each of the next four games to win the NBA Championship as they entered Game 1 as -2000 favorites to win the series - they're the largest series favorite in the NBA Finals going back to 1969 (as far back as we have series prices for The Finals).
2015 (Horse Racing): "The 37 year wait is over, American Pharoah is finally the one!" Sent off as the 3-5 favorite, American Pharoah wins the 147th Belmont Stakes by 5½ lengths and becomes the first horse to win the Triple Crown in 37 years.
Recent Press Mentions
- 2023 MLB odds: Should you bet on the AL, NL MVP favorites? (Fox Sports)
- March Madness 2023 odds update: UConn favored ahead of Final Four (New York Post)
- Patriots facing longest Super Bowl odds of Bill Belichick's 23 years as New England's coach (CBS Sports)
- World Cup 2022 Odds: Betting Long-Shot Morocco Upsets Portugal, Makes History (Fox Sports)
- Alabama Crimson Tide one of biggest preseason college football national title favorites in 20 years (ESPN)
- Why the Jets can make a Bengals-like leap from the top of the NFL draft to the playoffs in 2022 (CBS Sports)
- Championship favorite to swept in first round, Nets a historic disappointment (NBC Sports)
- NBA Fact or Fiction: The MVP case for rising Memphis Grizzlies superstar Ja Morant (Yahoo Sports)
- Another Lakers Superteam Is Flopping (FiveThirtyEight)
- The Remarkable Rise of Joe Burrow (GQ)
- How likely are Real Madrid to win the Champions League? (Managing Madrid)
- Los Angeles Dodgers open with highest season-wins betting total since 1999 New York Yankees (ESPN)
- 2022 Super Bowl odds: Bucs, Chiefs, Ravens, Bills early picks to win the NFL Championship (The Athletic)
- Heat Become Biggest Longshots To Make NBA Finals Since 2002 (Action Network)
- The Miami Heat Were 60-to-1 Long Shots. Now They're in the NBA Finals (The Wall Street Journal)
- Why Has the Best Picture Race Become So Unpredictable? (The Ringer)