View archived futures lines using the menus above.
Please e-mail us if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions.
Most recent addition to the site: Point spreads for (almost) every NFL game since 1952
Practice sports betting without risking a cent at the BetPrep Virtual Sportsbook
Please let others know about our site - if you use data from SportsOddsHistory.com for an article, tweet or research
for a podcast/broadcast, please reference this site or @SOHistory as the source of material. Thanks!
On this day, August 15, in Sports Odds History...
1993 (Golf): At Inverness Club in Toledo, Ohio - Paul Azinger wins his only major title at the PGA Championship after defeating Greg Norman on the 2nd hole of a sudden death playoff when Norman missed a 4-foot par putt. Azinger, who entered the tournament at 10-1 to win the title, birdied 4 of the last 7 holes to force a playoff. Norman, who joined Craig Wood as the only players to lose a playoff in all 4 major championships, held a 1-stroke lead after 54 holes.
1999 (Golf): 23 year-old Tiger Woods wins his 2nd major at the PGA Championship after shooting an even par 72 to hang on for a 1-stroke victory over 19 year-old Sergio Garcia. Woods entered the tournament as the favorite at +600 to win the title.
2012 (MLB): Seattle Mariners' ace Felix Hernandez throws the 21st perfect game in MLB history (World Series era) in the Mariners 1-0 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays. The Mariners were -135 home favorites and the game stayed under the total of 6½-runs as Hernandez struck out 12 batters on 113 pitches. It was the 3rd perfect game of the season - the most ever in single season - and there has not been one since then, marking the longest drought since a 13-year stretch from 1968 to 1981.
Recent Press Mentions
- Why the Jets can make a Bengals-like leap from the top of the NFL draft to the playoffs in 2022 (CBS Sports)
- Championship favorite to swept in first round, Nets a historic disappointment (NBC Sports)
- NBA Fact or Fiction: The MVP case for rising Memphis Grizzlies superstar Ja Morant (Yahoo Sports)
- Another Lakers Superteam Is Flopping (FiveThirtyEight)
- The Remarkable Rise of Joe Burrow (GQ)
- How likely are Real Madrid to win the Champions League? (Managing Madrid)
- Los Angeles Dodgers open with highest season-wins betting total since 1999 New York Yankees (ESPN)
- 2022 Super Bowl odds: Bucs, Chiefs, Ravens, Bills early picks to win the NFL Championship (The Athletic)
- Heat Become Biggest Longshots To Make NBA Finals Since 2002 (Action Network)
- The Miami Heat Were 60-to-1 Long Shots. Now They're in the NBA Finals (The Wall Street Journal)
- Why Has the Best Picture Race Become So Unpredictable? (The Ringer)