View archived futures lines using the menus above.
Please e-mail us if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions.
Most recent addition to the site: Point spreads for (almost) every NFL game since 1952
Practice sports betting without risking a cent at the BetPrep Virtual Sportsbook
Please let others know about our site - if you use data from SportsOddsHistory.com for an article, tweet or research
for a podcast/broadcast, please reference this site or @SOHistory as the source of material. Thanks!
On this day, April 1, in Sports Odds History...
<<-- March 31 April 1 April 2 -->>
1985 (College Basketball): As a 9½-point underdog, #8 seed Villanova upsets defending champion Georgetown, 66-64, in the National Championship. Going back to 1965 (as far back as we have point spreads for National Championship games), it is tied with Connecticut's victory over Duke in 1999 as the largest upset in a National Championship game. The Wildcats shot 79% from the floor as forward Ed Pinckney scored 16 points and was named the tournament's Most Outstanding Player. Villanova remains as the lowest seeded to team to win the National Championship.
1996 (College Basketball): Kentucky defeats Syracuse, 76-67, in the National Championship to win their 6th title. The Wildcats failed to cover the spread as 14-point favorites. It was the second highest spread in a National Championship game since 1965 - only the 1972 UCLA Bruins were larger favorites (16-point favorites and failed to cover vs Florida State when they won 81-76). Senior guard Tony Delk led the Wildcats with 24 points and made 7 3-pointers and was named the tournament's Most Outstanding Player.
2016 (NBA): Golden State's record home-winning streak comes to an end at 54 games when they lose to Boston, 109-106. The Celtics were 11½-point underdogs and around +700 on the money line.
Recent Press Mentions
- 2023 MLB odds: Should you bet on the AL, NL MVP favorites? (Fox Sports)
- March Madness 2023 odds update: UConn favored ahead of Final Four (New York Post)
- Patriots facing longest Super Bowl odds of Bill Belichick's 23 years as New England's coach (CBS Sports)
- World Cup 2022 Odds: Betting Long-Shot Morocco Upsets Portugal, Makes History (Fox Sports)
- Alabama Crimson Tide one of biggest preseason college football national title favorites in 20 years (ESPN)
- Why the Jets can make a Bengals-like leap from the top of the NFL draft to the playoffs in 2022 (CBS Sports)
- Championship favorite to swept in first round, Nets a historic disappointment (NBC Sports)
- NBA Fact or Fiction: The MVP case for rising Memphis Grizzlies superstar Ja Morant (Yahoo Sports)
- Another Lakers Superteam Is Flopping (FiveThirtyEight)
- The Remarkable Rise of Joe Burrow (GQ)
- How likely are Real Madrid to win the Champions League? (Managing Madrid)
- Los Angeles Dodgers open with highest season-wins betting total since 1999 New York Yankees (ESPN)
- 2022 Super Bowl odds: Bucs, Chiefs, Ravens, Bills early picks to win the NFL Championship (The Athletic)
- Heat Become Biggest Longshots To Make NBA Finals Since 2002 (Action Network)
- The Miami Heat Were 60-to-1 Long Shots. Now They're in the NBA Finals (The Wall Street Journal)
- Why Has the Best Picture Race Become So Unpredictable? (The Ringer)