Starting a bookie business is a big deal and the last thing you want to do is hamper your business by joining a pay-per-head (PPH) shop that is either new or has a poor history.
The biggest decision you’re going to make early on when starting a sportsbook is what PPH shop to join. Choosing an established shop will give you the consistency your business needs to grow.
Selecting the cheapest option or choosing the first shop you come across on the internet is often a bad decision. Investing a bit more in a PPH shop can make a huge difference on your bottom line.
Why Choosing an Established Shop Helps New Bookie Agents
There are many reasons why choosing an established PPH shop will provide you benefits. Let’s talk about the reasons why choosing a reputable pay per head provider will offer consistency.
Be among the smart pay per head agents that spend time choosing the best PPH shop. You don’t want to have to scramble to find a new provider because you made a poor initial decision.
- Security: Sports bettors demand a secure betting website to place wagers. The leading PPH shops offer security features to prevent attacks, such as DoS/DDoS protections. They will also offer daily back-ups of important data in case an attack gets through.
- Privacy: If you require your customers to provide personal information when joining, it’s vital that their data isn’t compromised or sold to other bookies. With recent regulations, such as the GDPR in the EU, ensuring you comply with privacy laws is more important than ever.
- Uptime: Nothing is worse for a pay per head agent than having the servers go down during a busy day, such as the Super Bowl or during March Madness. Established PPH shops have the best servers with redundant servers ready to be rolled out to prevent any downtime.
- Shop Closures: Many PPH providers come and go in the industry. Often, new PPH shops will close up shop without advanced notice and without providing you with a back-up of your data. By choosing an established PPH shop, there’s no risk in the shop closing down.
- Expertise: PPH shops that have been in business for years and in some cases decades, can provide a new bookie with a level of experience they need to succeed. You can reach out to receive assistance or guidance, which is something you can’t put a value on.
Do you value your pay per head bookie agent business? Make sure you research PPH shops before signing up anywhere and make sure you ask any questions you may have.
You’d be surprised how useful asking a few questions is. You can not only see how long it takes the company to respond, but you can gauge the level of support you’ll receive based on their answers.
There’s a reason why the established shops stay in business. They offer a consistent service that bookie agents value. They may cost a bit more per week, but the piece of mind is worth it.
More Pay Per Head tips: