Super Bowl 53 is set to take place in Atlanta this Sunday, February 3rd. Tom Brady takes the field looking for trophy number six! He also takes the field along with coach Bill Belichick for the 9th try at this thing! What a dynasty the New England Patriots have become. When looking at Dynasty’s one thinks of the Bulls, the Celtics, the Lakers, it’s hard to put one’s finger on an NFL dynasty. The 49ers were in the conversation, the Steelers most definitely with 4 wins in the 70’s… but when thinking of the last 30 years, the only dynasty was the Cowboys, 49ers and Bills, and the Bills were a losing dynasty!
Betting this years Super Bowl is not necessarily an easy task. The early line opened up with the Patriots laying -1 ½ points, the line has since moved to Patriots -2 ½. This line has held steady for a couple of reasons; number 1. Bettors wait until the last minute, number 2. Bettors are not confident. Nobody seems to have a feel for how this game will end. Who wins this thing? The online sportsbooks have been flooded with bettors jumping on the popular prop bets. Betting the props is what many feel will bring home the bacon this year.
Betting the props has been around for a long time and sharp players have been making serious money betting this way. If you want to have a ton of fun and really enjoy betting on a Super Bowl, then you must look to some of the more popular prop bets as a first option.
Betting the spread and the total is fun and this certainly, will keep you engaged, but to one side. Of course, you can bet either side, but think about this… as we have already asked, who wins this thing? The Rams are scoring 32 points per game and allowing 24. The Patriots are scoring 27 points per game and allowing 20. This cuts it close, real close, and the numbers side with the Rams. How confident are you in the Rams to win outright or not lose by less than 2 points? After seeing the championship games in Kansas City and New Orleans, which way do you lean? You see the dilemma? This is exactly why betting the popular props is, a fantastic proposition.
Some of the more popular props this year:
- Team to score first- This is very popular because it involves the first amount of action from the opening kickoff. You won’t want to miss a second of the action with this bet and you can win some great money in the first few minutes of the game. The Patriots are -120, the Rams -110.
- Time of first score- This one goes hand-in-hand with “team to score first”. How quickly does either team come out of the gate ready to rock and roll? Will either defense be dialed in from the opening kickoff? It’s doubtful. Usually, there is a quick score. This is a “yes’ or “no” proposition—Will there be a score in the first five minutes of the first quarter? Yes +120, No -150. Great odds on “Yes”. Both of these teams will be looking to put up points on their first drive.
- First score of the game- There are two options for this bet, will the first score of the game be a TD? -190. Will the first score be by any other scoring method? +150. Again, fantastic odds on “any other method”. There could easily be a field goal for the first score of this game, +150, will win you a nice chunk of change.
There are many more popular props to play in this Super Bowl, here is a quick list:
- Team to score three or more unanswered times, yes or no.
- A score in the last two minutes of the first half, yes or no.
- Defensive/Special Teams TD, yes or no.
- Longest TD, Over 49 ½ +110 Under 49 ½ -140
The list goes on and on, there are well over 50 more and there are all kinds of props to choose from which include team props, player props, game props, the coin toss, referee props, penalty props, will there be a safety, how many sacks, who wins the MVP and so many more.
The good folks at Americas Bookie are willing to work with you. They speak English and they are sports and betting knowledgeable. They have whatever it is you’re looking for, whether is be a fantastic free Super Bowl contest or an amazing Super Bowl bonus. Get the money in quick, this rumble is just about on top of us. Have fun, enjoy this one and good luck.